Alice Des, 26, is a French illustrator, recently graduated from SciencesPo Paris with a master in Communication.
After a few experiences as a consultant in advertising and brand design agencies (Shiva Communication, Carré Noir), she now works as an illustator representative at La Suite, in Paris.
In the meantime, she became a freelance illustrator. Her work is full of highly contrasted feminine silhouettes, stripes, and has a bit of a wavy, salty feel to it. Fun fact: she is also a sailing instructor. As a comics and graphic novels lover, her style is closely inspired by them ; she wants to bring an extra narrative detail inside her compositions.
Alice has worked since 2012 for diverse clients (SciencesPo, Alumni, Rock en Seine, etc), as well as editions and communication agencies.
– Illustration for OSEZ LE FEMINISME summer camp (2016)
– Illustration for ROCK’ART, the exhibition of ROCK EN SEINE (2014)
– Comics strips for SCIENCES PO PARIS, for the School of Communication’s website (2013-2014)
– Comics for VIE DE MERDE, Privé editions (2010 & 2013)
– Illustrations and comics for LE DELIT FRANCAIS, McGill University students’ weekly newspaper (2011)
– Illustrations and comics for the blog ; www.alicedes.com (since 2009).